Returnship Program (F/M/X)
We are Mercedes-Benz.io. Our mission is to Ignite and build the digital solutions for Mercedes-Benz by forming a tribe of digital enthusiasts that drive Mercedes-Benz digital future.
Therefore, we offer 100% flexibility! You can choose if you want to work from your mobile office in Portugal, or from our offices in Lisbon or Braga. It’s up to each of us to decide according to our needs.
We don’t care about your shoes, as long as you are wearing the right attitude. At Mercedes-Benz.io we walk the talk and make things happen. We do not digitize for the sake of being digital but for a better tomorrow for our customers. That’s not our job; it’s our passion. Therefore, we love to reflect and challenge everything – the status quo, Mercedes-Benz, and ourselves. We share the same beliefs and stand up for each other and this is why we hire unique people to join our Tribe of digital enthusiasts.
WHAT IS A RETURNSHIP PROGRAM?
A Returnship Program is an opportunity to return to the workforce after a career break.
Mercedes-Benz.io Returnship Program is a paid 6 months opportunity available for people who have taken time away from their careers and are interested in re-entering the workforce. It provides the needed training and mentoring, so that people can get familiar with our company culture and pace of the work environment while improving skills that may have become rusty.
If you’ve been out of the traditional workforce for at least 2 years – to be at home with your kids, to take care of a loved one or you just took time off to travel and experience different things while still discovering your next challenge – and now you’re ready to re-join the workforce, but you feel you would need some time and guidance to get your performance back on track, probably you can join this Returnship.
This is a general application form for our Returnship program, which means we have different business areas that can have you onboard, depending on your background and previous experience. These are the business areas you can apply for:
- Software Development
- Product Management
- Product Design
- Data Insights
- Strategy & Business Consulting
- Business Operations (People & Culture, Finance, Legal & Compliance, IT Support, Office Management, others).
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Join an international company that is leading the way in software development for the automotive industry
- Experience 6 months of on the job learning with a diversified community of professionals from different backgrounds
- Sharpen and update your soft and hard skills in a modern environment, and accelerate your performance growth by pairing with our team members and engaging in challenging activities
- Access our network of resources through professional development, training and mentorship from a dedicated team
- Participate in community sessions and create a seamless transition experience back into the workforce
TO SUCCEED YOU NEED
- To have at least 4 years of professional experience in your domain area
- To have a career break of at least 2 years
- A dedicated and proactive attitude, responsibility, creativity, motivation and enthusiasm
- Good verbal and written communication skills English
- To be able to work full time and have the possibility to stay with us for a long term contract after the Returnship ends
THERE WILL BE BIG SMILES IF YOU
- Have a friendly nature and know how to be enthusiastic with people of your team
- Have experience in Tech/Digital companies
YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH
- Open-source software
- No top-down hierarchy. We trust in your self-organization
- Colleagues that are as smart, hardworking and driven as you
- An amazing open-minded and informal culture with the backup of a giant company like Mercedes-Benz
- MacBook Pro or Dell – your choice!, monitor and noise-cancelling headphones
- Internal mentorship program
- Proactive self-development in international trainings, conferences and language classes
- Flexible working hours
- The possibility to integrate the team after the Returnship program as a full time employee
- Feel good actions (nutrition and personal trainer sessions, happy hours and more)
- And much more cool stuff …
THIS IS HOW THE PROCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Screening call with our recruiter to get to know your motivation & experience Technical
- 1st Technical assessment
- 2nd Technical assessment
- Final Interview
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO KNOW ABOUT US
THE RECRUITING TEAM IS LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION
Feel free to contact for further information and answers to your questions.
We Care About You
Hardware of Choice
are you team MAC or team DELL? You can be on either team and get the hardware of your choice.
health insurance for MB.ioneers, their spouse and children* (*until they are 25 years old. Children with disabilities of 60% or more will still be covered if they are over 25 years old).
Sick Leave Support
social security does not pay for the first three days of sick absences. We got your back on this one!
we support your quality time with colleagues during lunch with a little allowance
From our blog
Can you recommend INSPIRING books for software engineers? “One of my favorite books is “The Phoenix Project“. It is not a technical book (so not really a programming book), but it’s rather about IT culture and DevOps. I liked it a lot because you can read it as you read any other kind of novel, and it shows […]Read more
JUMPING FROM PLANNING TO PARENTING: Alissa Kiemann
BEING AGILE AS A SCRUM MASTER & MOTHER. Alissa is a care-taker. Someone who loves to unite people and tries to stay positive – no matter how chaotic the situation is. Her way of organizing, aligning, and planning serves as a powerful skill for her work and personal life. In this article, you will read […]Read more
6 Reasons Why You Should Enjoy Reviewing Pull Requests
This article was originally published by Raphael Marques on Medium. Reviewing Pull Requests (PRs) can be a tedious and dull task, especially when you have other tasks on your to-do list. However, it’s also one of the most efficient ways to maintain the quality of your codebase, improve your knowledge, and help your colleagues. The […]Read more
31 DAYS OF EMBRACING EQUITY
In March, we celebrated International Women’s Day and we used the opportunity to raise awareness and bring its importance to Mercedes-Benz.io. Because the truth is, only with collective action and shared ownership can we drive gender parity and make International Women’s Day impactful. So, during March, we explored different topics related to gender equality. We’re glad that our MB.ioneers […]Read more
ASKING FRONTEND DEVELOPERS
What is your favorite tool / framework / language to work with as a Frontend Developer? I have to give credit to Visual Studio Code as my buddy tool to code, it’s easy to set up, fast, and has a bunch of cool extensions to work with. But of course, if we want something more […]Read more
Our tribe moments