Senior Software Engineer (f/m/x)
We are Mercedes-Benz.io. Our mission is to create digital experiences to shape the way for the future of Mercedes-Benz and a new world of mobility.
We don’t care about your shoes, as long as you are wearing the right attitude. At Mercedes-Benz.io we walk the talk and make things happen. We do not digitize for the sake of being digital but for a better tomorrow for our customers. That’s not our job; it’s our passion. Therefore, we love to reflect and challenge everything – the status quo, Mercedes-Benz and ourselves. We share the same beliefs and stand up for each other and this is why we hire unique people.
In this role you will
- Be responsible for the creation and further development of demanding enterprise omnichannel content management solutions for Mercedes-Benz Cars.
- Work closely with our software architects, software engineers from other disciplines, such as Software Engineer for Cloud Business Services, and product owners.
- Create complex web applications in Java and Kotlin.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team and support QA Engineers and Product Owners in meeting the requirements goals.
- Discuss problems and achieve solutions in unbureaucratic ways – with the team as well as with top management.
- Support the design of software and system architectures in the creation of technical specifications based on known and proven software design patterns. You can demonstrate your demand on highest quality standards and innovative know-how by continually improving and supplementing the software with unit tests and hardening it with the latest security standards.
To succeed you need
- A BSc or MsC degree in a computer related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Java programming language or similar language
- To write multi-threaded, high-volume transactional code as well as having experience in developing large scale websites
- Deep knowledge and experience in Spring/Spring MVC, TDD, design patterns, simple design and RESTful Services
- To understand the Domain Driven Design, Lean Software Development and Hypothesis Driven Development
- Core to your skills is a deep knowledge and experience in Spring/Spring MVC, TDD, design patterns, simple design and RESTful Services.
- Experience with source control management (Git, Mercurial, SVN), as well as with build tooling like Ant and Maven
- Experience with tools like JUnit or Mockito complement your development expertise
- To understand complex business-logical challenges and finding simplicity-seeking solutions
- To be open to new technologies and modern software development methodologies
- Knowledge about CI/CD and build & deploy automation
- To be constantly looking for new learnings
- To have a way of working that is characterized by team spirit, excellent communication skills in English and high quality standards set to yourself for the artefacts produced
Our technology stack
We use the most advanced cloud based software architectures:
- Amazon Web Services as IaaS
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry as PaaS
- Java/Kotlin Spring Framework for the Creation of cloud-based ReSTful web services
- Adobe Experience Manager as Content Management System
- Adobe Marketing Cloud for extensive personalization of content
- App Dynamics as a monitoring solution
- SAP Hybris (for E-Commerce) to handle relevant business activities
You will be happy with
- Open source software
- No top-down hierarchy. We trust in your self-organization
- Colleagues that are as smart, hardworking and driven as you
- An amazing open-minded and informal culture with the backup of a giant company like Mercedes-Benz
- IPhone,MacBook Pro or Dell (your choice) and noise-cancelling headphones
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance
- Proactive self-development in international Trainings and Conferences
- Language Training courses
- Feel good actions (massages, nutrition sessions, happy hour and more)
- Brand Connection Perks (Test Drives, Renting Programs and more)
- Much more cool stuff …
What you’ll need to know about us
- Mercedes-Benz.io develops software and technology for the digital platforms of Mercedes-Benz. We are focused on creating digital experiences for the future of Mercedes-Benz mobility worldwide, developing products for Sales & Marketing.
- Our main products are the Mercedes-Benz Website worldwide, the e-commerce platform, digital services and aftersales solutions.
- We work in Holacracy – a “non-classical” framework which represents our operating system within the company. Our setup is based on purpose, circles and roles as well as their specific accountabilities.
This is a full-time position, based in our office in Lisbon. We have a fantastic team with people from all over the world. We encourage frequent collaboration and pairing across disciplines. English is the main working language.
Mercedes-Benz.io is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that diverse experiences and a broad collective perspective lead to a better company culture and better products.
Interested in engaging with a continuously evolving company to work hard, play hard and party hard? If so, please send your resumé (in English and PDF).
THE RECRUITING TEAM IS LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION
Feel free to contact for further information and answers to your questions.
We Care About You
Hardware of Choice
are you team MAC or team DELL? You can be on either team and get the hardware of your choice. Our headphones are BOSE though.
health insurance for MB.ioneers, their spouse and children* (*until they are 25 years old. Children with disabilities of 60% or more will still be covered if they are over 25 years old).
Sick Leave Support
social security does not pay for the first three days of sick absences. We got your back on this one!
we support your quality time with colleagues during lunch with a little allowance
From our blog
How I became aware of unconscious biases in recruiting
“I’d love to work with them” I thought to myself when I was looking at the application of a candidate a couple of weeks ago, “maybe we could even become friends!”. I was already excited about filling this role because it was in an HR-related field and I would potentially get to work closely with the person […]Read more
The two buzzwords when it comes to diversity
Diversity Diaries – Chapter 2: Eike We are a fierce #tribe called Mercedes-Benz.io! Our values stress one point very strongly – on an individual level but especially when seen in conjunction: Mercedes-Benz.io is no place for mavericks and lone wolfs but a tribe. A family of sorts. Sharing a common set of values, working towards […]Read more
We are not alone: Insights into our Company Exchange Concept
To be Agile is to always question what we have to improve. We can inspect what we practice within our company and try to find ways to improve. However, if we look to what’s happening externally, we can learn new ways of doing things and, most importantly, learn from mistakes of others. “Learn from the […]Read more
Cultures of Mercedes-Benz.io – How I found my roots
Diversity Diaries – Chapter 1: Jessi With approximately 330 employees in our three locations in Stuttgart, Berlin and Lisbon, it is obvious that our tribe is full of many different cultures and nationalities, all working together under one roof. Our tribe is not only German and Portuguese, but also harbors other European countries as well […]Read more
Building Turtle Pens – A Photo Story
Volunteering when you are a full-time employee is extremely time consuming, that’s why we implemented #ContributionFriday at Mercedes-Benz.io. Once per quarter we are allowed to decide whether we want to go to work regularly or volunteer at a local facility. We kicked off the event on one of the hottest days of the year at […]Read more