Product Owner (f/m/x)
We are Mercedes-Benz.io. Our goal is to make Mercedes-Benz the digital champion of the Automotive Industry. We are working with an end-to-end responsibility on e-commerce solutions and digital marketing activities like the Mercedes-Benz websites or Digital Services. Our company purpose is to create experiences that people love and we are proud of.
Here we all share the same interest in technology, are eager to learn about the latest products and projects. Everyone is heavily focused on developing the best consumer experience possible.
In this role you will
- Be the Product Owner and the main stakeholder contact for one of our products
- Decompose complex problems into clearly articulated objectives
- Translate our product vision & product roadmap into strategic goals for you and your team
- Have end-to-end responsibility for improving the product within your team’s mission
- Work cross-functionally with consultants, designers, and engineers to improve the user experience and develop new features for millions of users
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, their pains and their needs
- Work in a data-driven manner, collecting information and systematically analyzing user feedback
- Align with your team on goals and KPIs and execute the product roadmap based on an objectively prioritized backlog
- Work closely with your agile team, participating in sprint activities and ensuring that the team delivers effective customer solutions
You possess the following skills
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong self-organization and prioritization of tasks in an analytical manner
- Ability to work independently in a result-oriented way
- Fluency in English and very good knowledge of German
- Experience working with digital products, ideally in a cloud environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in an agile setting
There will be big smiles if
- You have a friendly nature and know how to be enthusiastic with people of your team
- You are used to work with technical teams
This is how our process looks like
1) You apply with your CV (pdf) using the link below
2) Screening Call with one of our recruiters to get to know your motivation and your experience
3) Technical interview with the recruiting team (PO, Scrum Master)
4) Case Study/Case Interview
5) Cultural/Team fit interview with potentially future colleagues
6) Final conversation to answer remaining questions
This is a full-time position, based in our office in Berlin. We have a fantastic team with people from all over the world. We encourage frequent collaboration and pairing across disciplines. English is the main working language. (Non-native German speakers, will have plenty of opportunities to practice German).
We believe that diverse experiences and a broad collective perspective lead to a better company culture and better products. We actively encourage people from underrepresented groups to consider becoming a part of our team. We don’t want, and won’t tolerate, harassment, bullying, or discrimination at work.
THE RECRUITING TEAM IS LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION
Feel free to contact for further information and answers to your questions.
We Care About You
Hardware of Choice
are you team MAC or team DELL? You can be on either team and get the hardware of your choice. Our headphones are BOSE though.
probably the most eco-friendly way to move around through Berlin or Stuttgart (apart from walking).
in case we need medical consultation we can turn to our mother company’s corporate doctors. Of course always confidential.
Urban Sports Club Membership
Yoga today, boxing tomorrow? There are endless opportunities to free our minds through sports and with our sponsored membership we can try them all.
From our blog
How I became aware of unconscious biases in recruiting
“I’d love to work with them” I thought to myself when I was looking at the application of a candidate a couple of weeks ago, “maybe we could even become friends!”. I was already excited about filling this role because it was in an HR-related field and I would potentially get to work closely with the person […]Read more
The two buzzwords when it comes to diversity
Diversity Diaries – Chapter 2: Eike We are a fierce #tribe called Mercedes-Benz.io! Our values stress one point very strongly – on an individual level but especially when seen in conjunction: Mercedes-Benz.io is no place for mavericks and lone wolfs but a tribe. A family of sorts. Sharing a common set of values, working towards […]Read more
We are not alone: Insights into our Company Exchange Concept
To be Agile is to always question what we have to improve. We can inspect what we practice within our company and try to find ways to improve. However, if we look to what’s happening externally, we can learn new ways of doing things and, most importantly, learn from mistakes of others. “Learn from the […]Read more
Cultures of Mercedes-Benz.io – How I found my roots
Diversity Diaries – Chapter 1: Jessi With approximately 330 employees in our three locations in Stuttgart, Berlin and Lisbon, it is obvious that our tribe is full of many different cultures and nationalities, all working together under one roof. Our tribe is not only German and Portuguese, but also harbors other European countries as well […]Read more
Building Turtle Pens – A Photo Story
Volunteering when you are a full-time employee is extremely time consuming, that’s why we implemented #ContributionFriday at Mercedes-Benz.io. Once per quarter we are allowed to decide whether we want to go to work regularly or volunteer at a local facility. We kicked off the event on one of the hottest days of the year at […]Read more