Chief Technology Officer (CTO) – (F/M/X)
We are Mercedes-Benz.io. Our mission is to create digital experiences to shape the way for the future of Mercedes-Benz and a new world of mobility.
We don’t care about your shoes, as long as you are wearing the right attitude. At Mercedes-Benz.io we walk the talk and make things happen. We do not digitize for the sake of being digital but for a better tomorrow for our customers. That’s not our job; it’s our passion. Therefore, we love to reflect and challenge everything – the status quo, Mercedes-Benz and ourselves. We share the same beliefs and stand up for each other and this is why we hire unique people.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
Be the key driver behind our technological strategy in building the best online channel in the automotive industry. You will communicate with our employees, stakeholders and customers to make sure Mercedes-Benz.io is not only building state of the art software but also paving new paths on the technological frontline.
You will be responsible for outlining the company’s technological vision, implementing technology strategies, and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the company’s programs and product’s needs.
TO SUCCEED YOU NEED
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the tech area
- Previous work experience as a Chief Technology Officer or another similar leadership role in companies with +100 developers
- Advanced technological expertise in Digital products – E-commerce knowledge is a plus
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Exceptional leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking and open mindset
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to delegate efficiently.
- Stay on top of technology trends and developments
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Communicate technology strategy to partners
- Excellent communication skills in English (having German or Portuguese is a plus)
THERE WILL BE BIG SMILES IF YOU
- Have previous experience in a recognized start-up or product tech company
- Have experience of building cross platform applications as a developer
- Inspire and be inspired!
YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH
- Open source software
- Leading the technology scope of a company with great developers
- No top-down hierarchy. We trust in your self-organization
- Colleagues that are as smart, hardworking and driven as you
- An amazing open-minded and informal culture with the backup of a giant company like Mercedes-Benz
- IPhone,MacBook Pro or Dell (your choice) and noise-cancelling headphones
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance
- Proactive self-development in international Trainings and Conferences
- Language Training courses
- Feel good actions (massages, nutrition sessions, happy hour and more)
- Brand Connection Perks (Test Drives, Renting Programs and more)
- Much more cool stuff …
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO KNOW ABOUT US
Mercedes-Benz.io develops software and technology for the digital platforms of Mercedes-Benz. We are focused on creating digital experiences for the future of Mercedes-Benz mobility worldwide, developing products for Sales & Marketing.
- Our main products are the Mercedes-Benz Website worldwide, the e-commerce platform, digital services and aftersales solutions.
- We work in Holacracy– a “non-classical” framework which represents our operating system within the company. Our setup is based on purpose, circles and roles as well as their specific accountabilities.
This is a full-time position, based in our office in Lisbon or Stuttgart. We have a fantastic team with people from all over the world. We encourage frequent collaboration and pairing across disciplines. English is the main working language.
Mercedes-Benz.io is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that diverse experiences and a broad collective perspective lead to a better company culture and better products.
Interested in engaging with a continuously evolving company to work hard, play hard and party hard? If so, please send your resumé (in English and PDF).
THE RECRUITING TEAM IS LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION
Feel free to contact for further information and answers to your questions.
We Care About You
Flexible Working Hours
40 hours per week, 8 hours per day you can allocate as you wish. Just make sure your teams knows what you’re up to.
is your child sick? Or are you expecting a very important package? You have the possibility to work remotely, if your life requires it.
yes, home office is allowed, but we sure appreciate to see our colleagues in person as well. That’s why we also sponsor monthly train tickets or grant you a parking spot.
Learning & Development
we care about your personal development and encourage MB.ioneers to choose and attend trainings or conferences that will make them an expert in their field.
being a subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz brings a handful of benefits for employees – we get great deals on cars from purchase to leasing and a variety of other discounts.
outside of our initial scope at Mercedes-Benz.io we get to engage in other topics. By doing internal podcasts, volunteering at animal shelters or developing whole websites for non-profit-organizations.
our advocates promote and support skilful, successful and motivated employees on their personal way at Mercedes-Benz.io. Every MB.ioneer can choose one.
From our blog
How I became aware of unconscious biases in recruiting
“I’d love to work with them” I thought to myself when I was looking at the application of a candidate a couple of weeks ago, “maybe we could even become friends!”. I was already excited about filling this role because it was in an HR-related field and I would potentially get to work closely with the person […]Read more
The two buzzwords when it comes to diversity
Diversity Diaries – Chapter 2: Eike We are a fierce #tribe called Mercedes-Benz.io! Our values stress one point very strongly – on an individual level but especially when seen in conjunction: Mercedes-Benz.io is no place for mavericks and lone wolfs but a tribe. A family of sorts. Sharing a common set of values, working towards […]Read more
We are not alone: Insights into our Company Exchange Concept
To be Agile is to always question what we have to improve. We can inspect what we practice within our company and try to find ways to improve. However, if we look to what’s happening externally, we can learn new ways of doing things and, most importantly, learn from mistakes of others. “Learn from the […]Read more
Cultures of Mercedes-Benz.io – How I found my roots
Diversity Diaries – Chapter 1: Jessi With approximately 330 employees in our three locations in Stuttgart, Berlin and Lisbon, it is obvious that our tribe is full of many different cultures and nationalities, all working together under one roof. Our tribe is not only German and Portuguese, but also harbors other European countries as well […]Read more
Building Turtle Pens – A Photo Story
Volunteering when you are a full-time employee is extremely time consuming, that’s why we implemented #ContributionFriday at Mercedes-Benz.io. Once per quarter we are allowed to decide whether we want to go to work regularly or volunteer at a local facility. We kicked off the event on one of the hottest days of the year at […]Read more
Our tribe moments