Product Owner (f/m/x)
We are Mercedes-Benz.io. Our goal is to make Mercedes-Benz the digital champion of the Automotive Industry. Our company purpose is to create experiences that people love, and we are proud of.
We don’t care about your shoes, as long as you are wearing the right attitude. At Mercedes-Benz.io we walk the talk and make things happen. We do not digitize for the sake of being digital but for a better tomorrow for our customers. That’s not our job; it’s our passion. Therefore, we love to reflect and challenge everything – the status quo, Mercedes-Benz and ourselves. We share the same beliefs and stand up for each other and this is why we hire unique people.
In this role, you will
- Be the Product Owner and responsible for quality and deliverability
- Translate strategic goals into roadmap sprints for your team
- Have end-to-end responsibility for improving the product within your team’s mission
- Work cross-functionally with consultants, designers and engineers to improve the user experience and develop new features for millions of users
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers, their pains and their needs
- Work in a data-driven manner, collecting informations and systematically analyzing user feedback
- Decompose complex problems into clearly articulated objectives
- Align with your team on goals and KPIs and execute the product roadmap based on an objectively prioritized backlog
- Work closely with your agile team, participating in sprint activities and ensuring that the team delivers effective customer solutions
You possess the following skills & qualifications
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
- A self-sufficient working attitude and strong analytical skills in order to reflect the priorities of product development while making trade-offs between decisions transparent
- Strong drive towards business impact and success of a product
- Empathy to work with a complex set of stakeholders in various parts of the organisation
- Ability to understand technical complexity and high level application architecture in order to support the team to the right decisions
- Agile mindset in order to improve the product and process around incrementally
- Willingness to fail and learn in a cross-functional product team full of creative, diverse and strong individuals
- Experience in digital product development preferably consumer Apps (iOS & Android)
- Fluency in English
There will be big smiles if
- Have taken a product from 0 to 1, have experience delivering a successful product
- Have experience working with mobile Apps and API products
- Have experience working on payment products or have used payment integrations
This is what our process looks like
- You apply with your CV (pdf recommended) using the “Apply for this position” Button
- Screening Call with our recruiter to get to know your motivation & your experience
- Technical interview(s) with the Agility recruiting team & challenge/case Study
- Cultural/Team fit interview with potentially future colleagues
- Final conversation to answer remaining questions
This is a full-time position, based in our Berlin office. We have a fantastic team with people from all over the world. We encourage frequent collaboration and pairing across disciplines. English is the main working language. (Non-native German speakers, will have plenty of opportunities to practice German).
Here we all share the same interest in technology, are eager to learn about the latest products and projects. Everyone is heavily focused on developing the best consumer experience possible.
We believe that diverse experiences and a broad collective perspective lead to a better company culture and better products. We actively encourage people from underrepresented groups to consider becoming a part of our team. We don’t want, and won’t tolerate, harassment, bullying, or discrimination at work.
We work in Holacracy – a “non-classical” framework which represents our operating system within the company. Our setup is based on purpose, circles and roles as well as their specific accountabilities.
THE RECRUITING TEAM IS LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION
Feel free to contact for further information and answers to your questions.
We Care About You
Hardware of Choice
are you team MAC or team DELL? You can be on either team and get the hardware of your choice. Our headphones are BOSE though.
probably the most eco-friendly way to move around through Berlin or Stuttgart (apart from walking).
in case we need medical consultation we can turn to our mother company’s corporate doctors. Of course always confidential.
Urban Sports Club Membership
Yoga today, boxing tomorrow? There are endless opportunities to free our minds through sports and with our sponsored membership we can try them all.
From our blog
How I became aware of unconscious biases in recruiting
“I’d love to work with them” I thought to myself when I was looking at the application of a candidate a couple of weeks ago, “maybe we could even become friends!”. I was already excited about filling this role because it was in an HR-related field and I would potentially get to work closely with the person […]Read more
The two buzzwords when it comes to diversity
Diversity Diaries – Chapter 2: Eike We are a fierce #tribe called Mercedes-Benz.io! Our values stress one point very strongly – on an individual level but especially when seen in conjunction: Mercedes-Benz.io is no place for mavericks and lone wolfs but a tribe. A family of sorts. Sharing a common set of values, working towards […]Read more
We are not alone: Insights into our Company Exchange Concept
To be Agile is to always question what we have to improve. We can inspect what we practice within our company and try to find ways to improve. However, if we look to what’s happening externally, we can learn new ways of doing things and, most importantly, learn from mistakes of others. “Learn from the […]Read more
Cultures of Mercedes-Benz.io – How I found my roots
Diversity Diaries – Chapter 1: Jessi With approximately 330 employees in our three locations in Stuttgart, Berlin and Lisbon, it is obvious that our tribe is full of many different cultures and nationalities, all working together under one roof. Our tribe is not only German and Portuguese, but also harbors other European countries as well […]Read more
Building Turtle Pens – A Photo Story
Volunteering when you are a full-time employee is extremely time consuming, that’s why we implemented #ContributionFriday at Mercedes-Benz.io. Once per quarter we are allowed to decide whether we want to go to work regularly or volunteer at a local facility. We kicked off the event on one of the hottest days of the year at […]Read more