Business Architect (f/m/x)
We are Mercedes-Benz.io. Our goal is to make Mercedes-Benz the digital champion of the Automotive Industry. Our company purpose is to create experiences that people love, and we are proud of.
To further extend our leadership as Digital Champion of the automotive industry, we are looking for digital business experts, process optimizers, change enthusiasts and agile fans as Business Architect (f/m/x) in our office in Stuttgart.
You will play a key role in supporting Mercedes-Benz AG on a wide range of strategic projects on all levels – from organizational set-up and processes to product and support specific challenges. In close collaboration with different business and technical roles you will shape the overarching business architecture of our products.
In this role you will
- Create, improve, and protect the big picture of the current business models as well as functional architecture along the digital customer journey of Mercedes-Benz
- Translate relevant objectives from the organization into tangible key results on program level
- Identify existing problems and showcasing opportunities for improvement along customer journey
- Operationalize strategic initiatives within the program to maximize business impact & customer value
- Identify white spots or redundancies in the product portfolio
- Closely collaborate with stakeholders on all levels to identify dependencies and facilitate the solution process
- Assess capabilities and assets to provide a clear picture of the capability gaps that must be closed in order to realize the business strategy
- Identifying, formulating and managing domains and capabilities within our product portfolio
You possess the following skills & qualifications
- Degree in relevant field of studies (e.g. Technology, Digital Products, Management, Business Administration)
- Experience in product development and in agile working methodologies
- Relevant experience gained from professional employments illustrating your familiarity with a wide range of topics, industries and business models
- Experience in high-level product, feature and service design
- Relevant experience in business modelling especially in the area of digital products and their development
- Solid understanding of software development processes
- Excellent analytical skills and mental mobility
- Abstract understanding of the connection between software product functions and their meaning as business capability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English and German
There will be big smiles if you
- Have previous consulting experience on the interface of digital and corporate topics
- Have operative working experience in a fast-growing company
- Combine pragmatic real-life implementations and processes with strong theoretic knowledge
- Have a strategic mindset and an encouraging spirit
This is what our process looks like
- You apply with your CV (PDF recommended) using the “Apply for this position” button
- Screening call with our recruiter to get to know your motivation, strengths & expectations
- Technical interview(s) & challenge/case Study
- Cultural/team fit interview with potentially future colleagues
- Final conversation to answer remaining questions
This is a full-time position, based in your home office and our office in Stuttgart. We have a fantastic team with people from all over the world. We encourage frequent collaboration and pairing across disciplines. English is the main working language, but fluent German is required for this role.
Here we all share the same interest in technology, are eager to learn about the latest products and projects. Everyone is heavily focused on developing the best consumer experience possible.
We believe that diverse experiences and a broad collective perspective lead to a better company culture and better products. We actively encourage people from underrepresented groups to consider becoming a part of our team. We don’t want, and won’t tolerate, harassment, bullying, or discrimination at work.
We work in Holacracy – a “non-classical” framework which represents our operating system within the company. Our setup is based on purpose, circles and roles as well as their specific accountabilities.
THE RECRUITING TEAM IS LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION
Feel free to contact for further information and answers to your questions.
We Care About You
Hardware of Choice
are you team MAC or team DELL? You can be on either team and get the hardware of your choice. Our headphones are BOSE though.
probably the most eco-friendly way to move around through Berlin or Stuttgart (apart from walking).
in case we need medical consultation we can turn to our mother company’s corporate doctors. Of course always confidential.
Urban Sports Club Membership
Yoga today, boxing tomorrow? There are endless opportunities to free our minds through sports and with our sponsored membership we can try them all.
From our blog
How I became aware of unconscious biases in recruiting
“I’d love to work with them” I thought to myself when I was looking at the application of a candidate a couple of weeks ago, “maybe we could even become friends!”. I was already excited about filling this role because it was in an HR-related field and I would potentially get to work closely with the person […]Read more
The two buzzwords when it comes to diversity
Diversity Diaries – Chapter 2: Eike We are a fierce #tribe called Mercedes-Benz.io! Our values stress one point very strongly – on an individual level but especially when seen in conjunction: Mercedes-Benz.io is no place for mavericks and lone wolfs but a tribe. A family of sorts. Sharing a common set of values, working towards […]Read more
We are not alone: Insights into our Company Exchange Concept
To be Agile is to always question what we have to improve. We can inspect what we practice within our company and try to find ways to improve. However, if we look to what’s happening externally, we can learn new ways of doing things and, most importantly, learn from mistakes of others. “Learn from the […]Read more
Cultures of Mercedes-Benz.io – How I found my roots
Diversity Diaries – Chapter 1: Jessi With approximately 330 employees in our three locations in Stuttgart, Berlin and Lisbon, it is obvious that our tribe is full of many different cultures and nationalities, all working together under one roof. Our tribe is not only German and Portuguese, but also harbors other European countries as well […]Read more
Building Turtle Pens – A Photo Story
Volunteering when you are a full-time employee is extremely time consuming, that’s why we implemented #ContributionFriday at Mercedes-Benz.io. Once per quarter we are allowed to decide whether we want to go to work regularly or volunteer at a local facility. We kicked off the event on one of the hottest days of the year at […]Read more