Project Manager (f/m/x) Controlling Digital Services
We are at the heart of the Mercedes-Benz.io business operations, responsible for finance and procurement services for the product teams. We love working with people, partners and pivots. Our biggest aim is to enable the program and its product teams to work in a truly agile way while we continuously improve our processes and standards.
We are looking for an experienced & agile Project Manager (f/m/x) for the Financial Controlling of Digital Services in our Berlin Office, starting in spring 2021. In the function of the Program Finance Lead you will work closely with the Program Lead, our purchasing and finance specialists, and the managing director. You will play a key role in securing the financial health of your assigned program and their products.
In this role, you will
- Be the first point of contact for business partners and maintain operative financial relationships
- Represent and report the program’s financial and contractual status towards Mercedes-Benz AG, suppliers, Program Leads, and other parties
- Derive financial recommendations based on analyses of actuals, planning, forecasting and insights from respective business partners
- Collect, align, and coordinate staffing needs with recruiting, hiring managers, program lead and product owners
- Transfer team planning into financial implications and verify existing budget
- Continuously link business operations and financial implications
- Work in a holacratic environment to shape processes and tools
You have the following skills
• Experience in IT project controlling
• 3+ years of experience with cross program project management and/or large projects in the field of agile development in eCommerce/IT-projects
• Solid understanding of financial processes (e.g. forecasting, reporting)
• Skilled passion for prioritizing and organizing according to set deadlines
• You are known as a reliable and detail-oriented person who is always being able to name the financial status of your projects and seeing the big picture
• You are a proficient user of Excel and other project management tools
• As a team player, you support and encourage others
• You have excellent German and English language skills
There will be big smiles if you
- Are curious to understand business functions and financial analysis to assess the performance of the program
- Have a hands-on attitude and initiative
- Are an out of the box thinker and open to change
This is what our process looks like
1) You apply with your CV and motivation letter (pdf recommended) using the “Apply for this position” button
2) We start with a Screening call with the recruiter to get to know your motivation & your experience
3) Technical/Skills interview with finance recruiting team
4) Assignment & 2nd technical interview
5) A final conversation with a future team member or recruiter to answer remaining questions
This is a full-time position, based in our office in Berlin and your mobile office. We have a fantastic team with people from all over the world. We encourage frequent collaboration and pairing across disciplines. English is the main working language. (Non-native German speakers, will have plenty of opportunities to practice German).
We believe that diverse experiences and a broad collective perspective lead to better company culture and better products. We actively encourage people from underrepresented groups to consider becoming a part of our team. We don’t want, and won’t tolerate, harassment, bullying, or discrimination at work.
We work in Holacracy – a “non-classical” framework which represents our operating system within the company. Our setup is based on purpose, circles and roles as well as their specific accountabilities
THE RECRUITING TEAM IS LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION
Feel free to contact for further information and answers to your questions.
We Care About You
Hardware of Choice
are you team MAC or team DELL? You can be on either team and get the hardware of your choice. Our headphones are BOSE though.
probably the most eco-friendly way to move around through Berlin or Stuttgart (apart from walking).
in case we need medical consultation we can turn to our mother company’s corporate doctors. Of course always confidential.
Urban Sports Club Membership
Yoga today, boxing tomorrow? There are endless opportunities to free our minds through sports and with our sponsored membership we can try them all.
From our blog
The New Scrum Guide 2020 – with Maria
Twenty-twenty is the 25th anniversary of Scrum – on another note, it’s also my 25th year, 95 was a great year – and to celebrate it, Jeff Sutherland and Ken Schwaber released an updated version of the Scrum Guidelines. You can check it out here, and I recommend you to read it (although I might be biased). […]Read more
The .io Cook Off
It all started a month ago. We were asked to keep an eye out for a special delivery. The next few days packages came flying in to make sure we were fully equipped for the experience. It was the 3rd Anniversary of Mercedes-Benz.io as well as the first time we had to cope with an […]Read more
How I became aware of unconscious biases in recruiting
“I’d love to work with them” I thought to myself when I was looking at the application of a candidate a couple of weeks ago, “maybe we could even become friends!”. I was already excited about filling this role because it was in an HR-related field and I would potentially get to work closely with the person […]Read more
The two buzzwords when it comes to diversity
Diversity Diaries – Chapter 2: Eike We are a fierce #tribe called Mercedes-Benz.io! Our values stress one point very strongly – on an individual level but especially when seen in conjunction: Mercedes-Benz.io is no place for mavericks and lone wolfs but a tribe. A family of sorts. Sharing a common set of values, working towards […]Read more
We are not alone: Insights into our Company Exchange Concept
To be Agile is to always question what we have to improve. We can inspect what we practice within our company and try to find ways to improve. However, if we look to what’s happening externally, we can learn new ways of doing things and, most importantly, learn from mistakes of others. “Learn from the […]Read more