- To be currently undertaking a BSc or MSc degree in a computer science related field or had just finished one of them.
- To have a way of working that is characterised by team spirit, excellent communication skills in English (mandatory) and high quality standards set to yourself for what you produce.
- To be willing to embrace DevOps and Agile methodology.
- To be willing to learn from a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team.
- Some professional experience/internship experiences are a plus but not mandatory.
Backend, Frontend & Quality Assurance Summer Internship (f/m/x)
We are Mercedes-Benz.io. Our mission is to create digital experiences to shape the way for the future of Mercedes-Benz and a new world of mobility.
We don’t care about your shoes, as long as you are wearing the right attitude. At Mercedes-Benz.io we walk the talk and make things happen. We do not digitize for the sake of being digital but for a better tomorrow for our customers. That’s not our job; it’s our passion. Therefore, we love to reflect and challenge everything – the status quo, Mercedes-Benz and ourselves. We share the same beliefs and stand up for each other and this is why we hire unique people.
In this role you will
As a Summer Intern, you will be working closely with our teams on their daily tasks, creating and developing complex web applications for Mercedes-Benz Cars, either in the Frontend, Backend or QA.
You will work along with designers, data engineers, software architects, software engineers and QA engineers bringing ideas from the design board to life were they will be visible to 60 countries around the world.
You support the design of software and system architectures in the creation of technical specifications based on known and proven software design patterns. You can demonstrate your demand for highest quality standards and innovative know-how by continually improving and supplementing the software with unit tests or the support of the QA Engineer in the creation of integrative tests. You also adhere to the latest security trends.
To succeed you need
Our technology stack
We use the most advanced cloud based software architectures:
- Amazon Web Services as IaaS
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry as PaaS
- Java Spring Framework for the Creation of cloud-based ReSTful web services
- Adobe Experience Manager as Content Management System
- Adobe Marketing Cloud for extensive personalization of content
- App Dynamics as a monitoring solution
- SAP Hybris (for E-Commerce) to handle relevant business activities
If Backend is what you prefer, you will mainly use: Java, Kotlin and Spring framework.
If you join our QAs you will be: learning and using test automation frameworks and tools (Katalon, Selenium) helping teams with manual testing and moving to a fully automated test pipeline.
You will be happy with
- 2/3 months paid internship in Frontend, Backend, or QA with a detailed program for a higher learning curve
- Open source software
- No top-down hierarchy. We trust in your self-organization
- Colleagues that are as smart, hardworking and driven as you
- An amazing open-minded and informal culture with the backup of a giant company like Mercedes-Benz
- Feel good actions (massages, nutrition sessions, happy hour and more)
- Much more cool stuff…
What you’ll need to know about us
- Mercedes-Benz.io develops software and technology for the digital platforms of Mercedes-Benz. We are focused on creating digital experiences for the future of Mercedes-Benz mobility worldwide, developing products for Sales & Marketing.
- Our main products are the Mercedes-Benz Website worldwide, the e-commerce platform, digital services and aftersales solutions.
- We work in Holacracy – a “non-classical” framework which represents our operating system within the company. Our setup is based on purpose, circles and roles as well as their specific accountabilities.
This is a summer internship full-time position, based in our office in Lisbon. We have a fantastic team with people from all over the world. We encourage frequent collaboration and pairing across disciplines. English is the main working language.
Mercedes-Benz.io is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that diverse experiences and a broad collective perspective lead to a better company culture and better products.
Interested in engaging with a continuously evolving company to work hard, play hard and party hard? If so, please send your resumé (in English and PDF).
Apply for this Position
THE RECRUITING TEAM IS LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION
Feel free to contact for further information and answers to your questions.
We Care About You
Hardware of Choice
are you team MAC or team DELL? You can be on either team and get the hardware of your choice. Our headphones are BOSE though.
health insurance for MB.ioneers, their spouse and children* (*until they are 25 years old. Children with disabilities of 60% or more will still be covered if they are over 25 years old).
Sick Leave Support
social security does not pay for the first three days of sick absences. We got your back on this one!
we support your quality time with colleagues during lunch with a little allowance
From our blog
Interview with Stephen-Wolf Müller: “The Bridge Builders” program & the importance of startups
Meet Stephen: this MB.ioneer has quite a range of tasks around here. From his core role as a Product Designer, to customer journey tracking, to being a Communicator in cross-product relations, actions and developments. Today we want to focus on the fact that on top of that, he also participated in The Bridge Builders program […]Read more
Dive into DevSecOps
DevSecOps is the combination of development, security, and operations practices to reduce the time needed to deliver changes in the system—ensuring high quality with integrated security practices. Goals: Improve deployment frequency; Faster time to market; Lower failure rate of new releases; Shorter time to fix something; Faster time to recovery (if a new release crashes […]Read more
Way Forward: Digital House Product-Centric Organization
Mercedes-Benz AG and Mercedes-Benz.io strengthen their product teams within the “Digital House” initiative – realizing a product-centric organization. Customers expect the best digital products and services worldwide. Hence, Mercedes-Benz aims at strengthening its operational e-commerce environments on an international level. Therefore, they will enhance the collaboration with Mercedes-Benz.io by scaling digital deliveries for e-commerce and online sales even further. The […]Read more
mastering remote work
I have always loved working at the office and enjoyed the routine of having a place to go to, interacting with my colleagues, collaborating and developing ideas that I continue working with. So, working remotely without a physical location hasn’t been easy for me. I was hit by a challenge for which I felt not […]Read more
The New Scrum Guide 2020 – with Maria
Twenty-twenty is the 25th anniversary of Scrum – on another note, it’s also my 25th year, 95 was a great year – and to celebrate it, Jeff Sutherland and Ken Schwaber released an updated version of the Scrum Guidelines. You can check it out here, and I recommend you to read it (although I might be biased). […]Read more