Working Student (f/m/x) Finance & Accounting
We are at the heart of the Mercedes-Benz.io business operations, responsible for finance and accounting for the product teams. We love working with people, partners and pivots.
We are looking for a Working Student (f/m/d) Finance & Accounting (20 hours/week) in our Stuttgart office, starting in April/May 2021. In this unlimited position we are offering a great opportunity to work on financial projects, to gain broad finance & accounting experience and get insights within an agile environment.
In this role, you will
- Assist the accounting team with all aspects of the accounts payable function and adhoc requests
- Assist invoice handling and verification processes, and review invoice statements for accuracy
- Support month-end and year-end close process and provide controlling team with accurate financial data to ensure timely reporting
- Participate in the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts and report variances
- Be part of an international team of passionate and experienced finance specialists, with many interfaces in the company
You possess the following skills & qualifications
- Working independently, and feel very confident when using MS Excel on a daily base
- Thorough understanding of accoounting, finance and business processes
- Excellent written and verbal German (C1) and intermediate English (B2)
- Solution-oriented and hands-on mentality along with analytical and logical thinking skills
- Professional attitude regarding communication and deadlines
- Matriculated in University
There will be big smiles if you
- Are an organizational talent and can work self-organized
- Call a responsive organization your home or have already worked in a similar environment
- Are experienced with ERP/SAP-HANA system
- Have knowledge of accounting principles and experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
This is what our process looks like
1) Please apply online using the “Apply for this position” button with your complete documents (pdf recommended: CV; matriculation certificate. Citizens of countries outside the EU may be asked to send their residence/work permit)
2) Screening Call with a recruiter (with focus on culture fit, expectations & MB.io)
3) Technical interview & challenge (with focus on your finance knowledge & Excel skills)
4) Final conversation to answer any remaining questions
This is a unlimited Working Student (m/f/x) position based in your mobile office and our office in Stuttgart. We have a fantastic team with people from all over the world. We encourage frequent collaboration and pairing across disciplines.
We believe that diverse experiences and a broad collective perspective lead to a better company culture and better products. We actively encourage people from underrepresented groups to consider becoming a part of our team. We don’t want, and won’t tolerate, harassment, bullying, or discrimination at work.
We work in Holacracy – a “non-classical” framework which represents our operating system within the company. Our setup is based on purpose, circles and roles as well as their specific accountabilities.
THE RECRUITING TEAM IS LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION
Feel free to contact for further information and answers to your questions.
We Care About You
Hardware of Choice
are you team MAC or team DELL? You can be on either team and get the hardware of your choice. Our headphones are BOSE though.
probably the most eco-friendly way to move around through Berlin or Stuttgart (apart from walking).
in case we need medical consultation we can turn to our mother company’s corporate doctors. Of course always confidential.
Urban Sports Club Membership
Yoga today, boxing tomorrow? There are endless opportunities to free our minds through sports and with our sponsored membership we can try them all.
From our blog
Interview with Stephen-Wolf Müller: “The Bridge Builders” program & the importance of startups
Meet Stephen: this MB.ioneer has quite a range of tasks around here. From his core role as a Product Designer, to customer journey tracking, to being a Communicator in cross-product relations, actions and developments. Today we want to focus on the fact that on top of that, he also participated in The Bridge Builders program […]Read more
Dive into DevSecOps
DevSecOps is the combination of development, security, and operations practices to reduce the time needed to deliver changes in the system—ensuring high quality with integrated security practices. Goals: Improve deployment frequency; Faster time to market; Lower failure rate of new releases; Shorter time to fix something; Faster time to recovery (if a new release crashes […]Read more
Way Forward: Digital House Product-Centric Organization
Mercedes-Benz AG and Mercedes-Benz.io strengthen their product teams within the “Digital House” initiative – realizing a product-centric organization. Customers expect the best digital products and services worldwide. Hence, Mercedes-Benz aims at strengthening its operational e-commerce environments on an international level. Therefore, they will enhance the collaboration with Mercedes-Benz.io by scaling digital deliveries for e-commerce and online sales even further. The […]Read more
mastering remote work
I have always loved working at the office and enjoyed the routine of having a place to go to, interacting with my colleagues, collaborating and developing ideas that I continue working with. So, working remotely without a physical location hasn’t been easy for me. I was hit by a challenge for which I felt not […]Read more
The New Scrum Guide 2020 – with Maria
Twenty-twenty is the 25th anniversary of Scrum – on another note, it’s also my 25th year, 95 was a great year – and to celebrate it, Jeff Sutherland and Ken Schwaber released an updated version of the Scrum Guidelines. You can check it out here, and I recommend you to read it (although I might be biased). […]Read more